Team news and stats for Thursday’s Scottish Premiership clash between St Johnstone and Aberdeen, live on Sky Sports.
St Johnstone boss Callum Davidson hopes to welcome back a couple of his injured players for Thursday night’s visit of Aberdeen.
Stevie May (knock), Zander Clark (knee), Murray Davidson (Achilles) and Chris Kane (calf) all missed out as Saints secured their first win of the season at Kilmarnock last weekend and Davidson says at least two of those four could return to face the Dons.
Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes, meanwhile, will have new signing Ross McCrorie available as they return to action after their coronavirus breach.
How to follow
Watch St Johnstone vs Aberdeen live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football on Thursday; coverage starts at 7pm with kick-off at 7.30pm.
- St Johnstone are looking to record consecutive league wins over Aberdeen for the first time since October 2015.
- Aberdeen have lost none of their last six away Scottish Premiership matches against St Johnstone (W3 D3) since losing 0-3 in April 2016.
- St Johnstone haven’t lost their opening home league match of a season since 2014/15, when they were beaten 0-3 by Celtic – four of their last five have been draws, winning the other 4-1 against Motherwell in 2017/18.
- Aberdeen have won their first away league match of the season in the eight of the last 12 seasons (D1 L3), with one of those wins coming at St Johnstone back in 2010/11, when current boss Derek McInnes was in charge of the Saints.
- This is the first Scottish Premiership match played on a Thursday outside of the month of December since May 2017, when Celtic hammered Partick Thistle 5-0.
Source : Sky Sports