Sky Bet EFL announces fixtures for 2020/21 campaign; see every club’s schedule below
Last Updated: 21/08/20 9:00am
Wigan will travel to Ipswich on the opening day of the 2020/21 Sky Bet League One season on September 12, while promoted Crewe take on relegated Charlton.
Wigan’s relegation to League One from the Championship was confirmed earlier this month after losing an appeal against a 12-point deduction for going into administration, and they go to Portman Road to take on an Ipswich side who finished 11th in their first third-tier season since 1957.
Meanwhile Crewe, who were promoted from League Two in second place after their season was curtailed by coronavirus, take on relegated Charlton, who fell from the Championship on the last day of the 2019/20 season.
Elsewhere, Sunderland host Bristol Rovers at the Stadium of Light, while relegated Hull City have a trip to Gillingham and League Two play-off winners Northampton celebrate their return to the third tier with a home clash with AFC Wimbledon.
Promoted Plymouth are at home to Blackpool, while promoted Swindon are at home to Rochdale.
Among the favourites for promotion to the Championship, Peterborough United are away at Accrington Stanley, while Oxford United go to Lincoln City and Portsmouth host Shrewsbury Town.
The Sky Bet League One season will finish on May 8, with all teams playing at least once a week until then, bar a break on the weekend of November 7.
League One will have 11 midweek rounds due to the delayed start to the new season amid the coronavirus pandemic, and the season will officially conclude with the play-off finals to be held at Wembley Stadium over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend May 29-31 2021.
Sunderland are 5/2 favourites for promotion from League One, followed by Peterborough (11/4), Charlton (3/1) and Portsmouth (3/1).
Opening-day fixtures (September 12, 3pm)
- Accrington Stanley vs Peterborough United
- Crewe Alexandra vs Charlton Athletic
- Doncaster Rovers vs Milton Keynes Dons
- Fleetwood Town vs Burton Albion
- Gillingham vs Hull City
- Ipswich Town vs Wigan Athletic
- Lincoln City vs Oxford United
- Northampton Town vs AFC Wimbledon
- Plymouth Argyle vs Blackpool
- Portsmouth vs Shrewsbury Town
- Sunderland vs Bristol Rovers
- Swindon Town vs Rochdale
Final-day fixtures (May 8, 3pm)
- Blackpool vs Bristol Rovers
- Charlton Athletic vs Hull City
- Crewe Alexandra vs Shrewsbury Town
- Doncaster Rovers vs Peterborough United
- Gillingham vs Plymouth Argyle
- Ipswich Town vs Fleetwood Town
- Lincoln City vs AFC Wimbledon
- Milton Keynes Dons vs Rochdale
- Oxford United vs Burton Albion
- Portsmouth vs Accrington Stanley
- Sunderland vs Northampton Town
- Wigan Athletic vs Swindon Town
Sky Bet League One 20/21 – club-by-club fixtures
Summer transfer window – key dates and times
The summer transfer window will run for 10 weeks from July 27 and close at 11pm on October 5.
A domestic-only window for trades between the Premier League and EFL then runs from October 5 and closes on Friday October 16 at 5pm. Follow all the news and analysis on Sky Sports News and across Sky Sports’ digital platforms, including with our dedicated Transfer Centre blog.
Have you opted into Sky Bet Club?
Opt in and bet £25 or more before 23:59 on Sunday to earn a free £5. Free bets will credited by 7pm on Monday.
Source : Sky Sports