Team news and stats ahead of Rangers vs Lech Poznan in the Europa League group stage on Thursday; kick-off 8pm.
New Rangers loan signing Bongani Zungu has linked up with his team-mates for the first time. The South Africa midfielder had to undergo a quarantine period after joining from French side Amiens. Nikola Katic is Rangers’ only injury doubt, following Joe Aribo’s return to fitness.
Lech Poznan are hoping to have attacker Pedro Tiba available after a thigh straing kept him out of their last league outing.
Lech Poznan at a glance
In the dugout: A former centre-back who won one cap for Poland, Dariusz Zuraw has been at the club since April 2019, winning 27 of his 60 matches in charge.
European pedigree: The Polish side have pedigree in Europe having played in the Cup Winners’ Cup and European Cup and regularly reach the Europa League but this is their first group stage for four years.
Form: They sit 11th in the Polish Ekstraklasa after two wins from seven and were beaten by Benfica last week.
How to follow
Follow Rangers vs Lech Poznan with our dedicated live blog across Sky Sports’ digital platforms, plus analysis and reaction after full time.
- Rangers and Lech Poznan will meet for the first time in European competition.
- Rangers have won each of their last three matches against Polish opposition in major European competition (excluding qualifiers), scoring nine goals in their last two such games.
- Lech Poznan have failed to score in three of their last four away games in the UEFA Europa League, though they beat Fiorentina in the one game in which they did find the back of the net in this run (2-1 in October 2015).
- Including qualifying rounds, Rangers have lost just one of their last 19 home games in European competitions (W13 D5); that defeat came against Bayer Leverkusen in the last 16 last season.
- Rangers striker Kemar Roofe scored the longest-range goal in UEFA Europa history against Standard Liege on MD1 (54.6 yards) – the last player to score in their first two major UEFA European matches for the club was Mark Falco in 1987.
Source : Sky Sports