Two British sisters die in Pakistan after ‘found unconscious in bathroom’

Two British sisters have died in Pakistan after reportedly being found unconscious in a bathroom.
The women, aged 17 and 25, were visiting the country with their parents to honour their late grandfather, according to Pakistani media.

They were found unconscious in the bathroom of a property in the village of Mirpur, northeastern Pakistan, following a suspected gas leak, Dunya News reported.
The sisters were taken to hospital in a critical condition but died later, it said.
The cause of their deaths has not yet been confirmed.

Advertisement

The sisters were reportedly in Pakistan with their parents to observe the anniversary of their grandfather’s death.

The Foreign Office confirmed two British women had died in Gujrat, Pakistan, and it was offering consular support to the family.
A Foreign Office spokeswoman told Sky News: “We are in contact with the local authorities following the death of two British women in Gujrat, Pakistan, and have offered consular support to the family.”

Source : Sky News