Follow the FA Cup action with our live blog on the Sky Sports website and app
Last Updated: 24/01/20 12:44pm
Team news and stats ahead of Millwall vs Sheff Utd in the FA Cup fourth round on Saturday (kick-off 3pm).
Millwall are without the cup-tied Ryan Woods when they take on Sheffield United in the fourth round of the FA Cup this Saturday.
Ben Thompson is also out so Billy Mitchell is set to start alongside Jayson Molumby in midfield. Gary Rowett is expected to rotate his squad with right-back James Brown among those pushing for a start.
Midfielder Ryan Leonard has resumed first-team training for the club after being sidelined for the last three months with a knee injury.
?? Hard graft as #Millwall prepare for The Blades pic.twitter.com/ttbkoSocL3
— Millwall FC (@MillwallFC) January 24, 2020
Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder made 11 changes in the third round against AFC Fylde but insists that will not be the case at The Den.
“It won’t be 11 changes, maybe two or three,” said Wilder. “I talked about putting out a strong side in the last round but that was dictated by two fixtures against Manchester City and Liverpool.
“It’s going to be a strong side. We want to go down there and put a performance on and be in the hat for the next round.”
The Blades boss needs to assess some “tight bodies and knocks” in his squad following the Premier League defeat to Manchester City in midweek. One of the players being monitored is striker David McGoldrick, who has missed the last two matches with a foot problem.
New signing Jack Robinson could feature after joining from Nottingham Forest.
- This will be the third FA Cup encounter between Millwall and Sheffield United, with the other two coming in 1895 and 1914; the Blades progressed from both ties.
- Sheffield United won their last away visit to Millwall, a 3-2 win in the Championship in September 2018; none of the last 18 meetings between the sides at Millwall have ended as a draw.
- Since 1992-93, Millwall have eliminated seven Premier League teams from the FA Cup – no side who haven’t played in the Premier League themselves has done so more.
- Sheffield United have won their last four FA Cup ties against Championship opposition, most recently in the fourth round in 2017-18 against Preston.
- Sheffield United’s Callum Robinson has scored five goals in four FA Cup starts, though four of those goals have come against non-league opponents (three vs Havant & Waterlooville, one vs AFC Fylde).
Super 6: Magic of the Cup?
FREE TO PLAY: Do not miss your chance to land the Super 6 jackpot for the sixth time this season in Saturday’s FA Cup round.
Source : Sky Sports