Prince Andrew targeted in US school bus stunt outside palace

An American yellow school bus with pictures of Prince Andrew on the side has been driven past Buckingham Palace in a stunt organised by the US lawyer for some of Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged victims.
The vehicle also had a message that read: “If you see this man please ask him to call the FBI to answer their questions”, along with a phone number and website for Gloria Allred.

The bus has been seen driving past the palace several times in the space of an hour on Friday.

Image: The bus was seen driving along The Mall towards Buckingham Palace
In December, the Duke of York stepped away from royal duties after his TV interview, in which he defended his relationship with convicted sex offender Epstein, was heavily criticised.

:: Listen to the Daily podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Spreaker

Advertisement

Ms Allred represents five women who claim they were abused by Epstein, who was found dead in his New York prison cell in August last year.

Image: Prince Andrew stepped back from royal duties in December
He was due to go on trial accused of sexually abusing teenage girls.

More from UK

Ms Allred has previously called on the duke to come forward and make a statement to the authorities.

Image: Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his prison cell in New York in August 2019
Her comments have been echoed by fellow US lawyer Geoffrey Berman, who is leading the sex trafficking inquiry.
In January he told a news conference that Prince Andrew had “provided zero cooperation”, claiming his lawyers had been contacted by prosecutors and the FBI as part of the investigation.

But several days later, the duke was reported to be “angry and bewildered” at the claims by the US authorities, with the Telegraph quoting a source as saying: “The duke is more than happy to talk to the FBI but he hasn’t been approached by them yet.”

Prince Andrew gives ‘zero cooperation’ over Epstein inquiry
Reports later said the investigators stood by their comments that they had tried to contact Prince Andrew’s lawyers.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the school bus when contacted by Sky News.

Source : Sky News