Toaster under car ‘likely’ cause of vehicle and house fire

A toaster placed under a car to warm up the battery is thought to have started a fire which destroyed the vehicle and damaged a house.
Police in Denmark said no one was injured in the blaze involving the electric vehicle – but added they “strongly discourage” people from using such a method to heat power cells.

The fire happened on Saturday in Stenlille, about 40 miles from Copenhagen.
The vehicle was parked under a carport-style shelter.
“The cause of the fire is most likely to be found in the toaster that the owner of the car had placed under the front of his car to keep the battery warm,” police said on Monday.

Read more on Sky News:Curious lion cubs feature in stunning wildlife photosUK weather: Significant temperature change on the way

The make of the car is not known.
It was also not clear whether the fire damaged the vehicle owner’s house or a neighbour’s home.


Source : Sky News